|While Agriculture Canada owns the land and buildings, and provides a base level of
maintenance and support for this historic
garden, the Friends of the Garden Society is
responsible for enhancing the garden experience, educating the public and promoting
the gardens to the community. Friends of the Gardens were formed to fulfill the following
1. Preserve, protect and enhance the Ornamental Gardens and increase public enjoyment.
Educate the public in ornamental horticulture and effective water use, by demonstrating the range of plants species and water requirements possible in the
3. Cooperate with other horticultural related agencies, organizations and businesses, to
test new and unfamiliar ornamental plants to expand the range of horticulture material
available in the Okanagan area.
4. Promote and advertise to develop the gardens into a recognized tourist attraction.
5. Promote a broad community awareness and appreciation for the importance of ornamental horticulture, natural and man-made landscapes and heritage preservation in
6. Conduct fund-raising to support these objectives.